Your economic need

Your economic need

StudentAid BC money differs in accordance with your financial predicament, status, amount of research system, wide range of dependants along with other facets.

How much money you get from StudentAid BC relies on your economic need, which will be determined applying this formula:

Academic costs- pupil Resources= Financial need

We subtract your total resources from your own total academic expenses to determine your evaluated economic need.

Your examined need is then weighed against the most weekly money limitation permitted for the research duration. The smaller of the two quantities is exactly what you’re entitled to get.

Pupil residing Allowances

The month-to-month pupil residing allowances for every group of pupil are designed to protect prices for shelter, meals, regional transport, and miscellaneous costs. These are generally standard allowances for the moderate quality lifestyle founded by the government that is federal. The allowances vary predicated on a pupil’s living situation therefore the province or territory where they’ll be learning.

The 2019/20 allowances for students moving into B.C. Are below. Allowances for any other living circumstances are available in the SABC Policy handbook.

2019/20 Allowances that is living for moving into B.C. Monthly Weekly
solitary pupil far from home $1,639 $381
Single pupil living in the home $690 $160
Single parent (add child allowance x wide range of dependants) $2,011 $468
Married student/spouse (add child allowance x wide range of dependants) $3,076 $715
Child allowance $713 $166

Continue reading “Your economic need”